Review Requesters should remember that the reviews offered from The Theatre Reviewer are analytical reviews, not creative reviews. This means that it is the execution of the performance that is concentrated upon.
IE: These reviews will ask questions such as…among others:
- Was the performance effective and how?
- If dealing with characters, how well were these portrayed by the performers?
- How did lighting, set, music, sound, etc. complement, or take away from, the performance?
- Was plot and narrative clear, engaging and coherent?
- If the performance had a political message, was this conveyed clearly and effectively?
These reviews should hence be considered as pointers for or, indeed, analyses of performances, as opposed to platforms for publicity for them.
You can request a review for a musical, performance, production, dance performance, or showcase – if it is a live performance, it is viable for a review.
Reviews will be published three days at maximum after the performance date. For showcases, reviews might take up to five days.
To request a review, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, and Happy Requesting!
More information can be found on The Theatre Reviewer’s home page.